『李斯是灰妈,政哥是葛朵,高爷是白雪王后』
李斯:
Ever since I was a girl my own mother vowed
从我小时候起,我母亲就要我立誓
I must find the way to power through a noble brow
我必须要找到爬上权力顶端的捷径
I married once for love then my senses came
跟着荀子学习以后,我突然意识到
I must marry for the stature of my husband's name
我必须辅佐一个伟大的帝王
Onto marriage number two
所以第二次跟随
I knew what I had to do
我知道我必须要怎么做
and my poor husband fell ill in a year or two
我可怜的老师,在两年内销声匿迹了
Solved the problem number one,now to problem number two
解决了第一个问题,是时候解决第二个了
His doe-eyed little girl with gentle point of view
那个他灌输了很多期望的师兄韩非
Would I ship her off to school?
我该让他辅佐嬴政吗?
No, I told her if she stayed that she'd have to earn her keep
当然不了!我告诉他,如果他想要留下来,他就得同意我灭韩
and so she be came the maid
于是他和我杠上了
姚贾:
She was lazy!
他很坏!
She was crazy!
他很有心机!
She was talking to the mice!
他在秦王面前揭我老底!
李斯:
She was hopelessly naive,so she had to pay the price
他固执的无药可救,所以他必须付出代价
I moved her to the attic out of sight and out of mind
我安排了陷阱让嬴政把他扣在大牢里
I could have thrown her out, but I'm benevolent and kind.
我本可以让嬴政将他流放,就是我太仁慈了
姚贾:
Mother, your heart's too big for you
斯斯你真的好善良!
李斯:
I knew what I had to do
我知道我必须要怎么做
After all, difficult children will take advantage of your good nature.
毕竟,和你师出同门的人会占你便宜
So you lock them up
所以我把他关起来
throw away the key
把钥匙扔了
There's one on every family's tree
每个同门里都有一个人
姚贾:
Ungrateful!
忘恩负义!
Hateful!
可恨!
Vile too! The things she put you through!
还很固执!是他让你变成这样!
李斯:
Break their spirit so they obey
于是我给他下了毒酒,让他归西
now they'll do anything you say
现在你听不见他说话了
Maybe you'd call it cruel but
也许你觉得这会很残忍,但是
others would call it love
有些人会称这叫爱
Tough love.
严厉的爱!
I ask you, is it a crime to strive for perfection in all things?
我问你,任何事都追求完美这是错的吗?
嬴政
Oh,no they are so cute when they are little but then they grow up and just...
哦,不,有时候很好,有的时候他们…
ruin everything!
会毁了一切!
I never wanted children
我从没想过要孩子
life was better on my own
我一个人过的多美好
All the screaming,nagging chilled me to the bone
处理不完的琐事真的是要了我的命!
But then one day I came across a flower growing free
但有天我突然意识到,我的江山需要个继承人
It's magic kept me young, so I kept it all for me
于是我和郑氏生下了扶苏,由我亲自带大
But someone dug it up now a baby held the power
但他总是爱说他的仁爱大义
So I borrowed her and locked her up and hid her in the tower
于是我告诉他:一个帝王不可以有弱点!
Years went by, Oh!
多年之后,哦他还那样!
The sacrifice and against my better judgement, I fed her once or twice
为了我自己更好,我牺牲了时间去培养他
Teenagers now I know I wild eat their young
我知道现在的年轻人都很难管教
but that's messy
但是那实在是太令人厌恶了
manipulation's easily more fun
操纵他们会更简单有趣
A little guilt, a lot of force, of course you have to lie
一点期望,一点迫力,当然你还得必须要说谎
remind them that without you,they'd shrivel up and die.
提醒他,如果用仁爱思想治国,秦很快就会灭亡
They only have themselves to blame
他们只能怪自己
if you'd been there,you'd do the same
如果你身临其境,你也会这样做
So work them hard till they fall in line
所以使劲教育他们,让他们都受不了
there's one way and it's only mine
只有一条路,属于我的路
赵高:
children are lazy
他们都是懒惰的
李斯:
spoiled too
都嘚瑟坏了
合:
but we know what to do!
但是我们知道我们该怎么做!
赵高:
Govern them with a heart of stone
用铁石心肠治治他们
李斯:
lock them up so they're all alone
把他们锁起来,让他们体会孤独
嬴政:
maybe you'd call it cruel but
也许你觉得这会很残忍,但是
合:
others would call it love,tough love
有些人会称这叫爱,严厉的爱!
嬴政:
Ugh! Her own tower with a water viewer
哦!我让蒙恬带他去上郡明明就是为了锻炼他
and she runs away the first chance she gets!
结果他最后不听劝阻自杀了!
赵高:
These wretched brats think the world owes them something
这些可怜的人总觉得这世界欠了他们什么
but it doesn't
但是并不是
Far and wild I rule the kindom with a heavy hand
我用严厉的手段管理着这个王国
but there was more I had in mind a greater plan
但我有更多的想法,一个更伟大的计划
I never cared to share,so the king would have to fall
我从未分享过我的想法,所以国王不得不消失
but his child blocked the way to me and fairest of them all
但他那个“最仁慈”孩子挡着了我的去路
She was chubby and she was dumb
他很棒,他很乐观
and grotesquely optimistic
而且有很多人愿意跟随他
She needed structure in her life! she wasn't realistic
他想要自己安排她的人生,他一点都不现实
I gave her chores and took away the things that she'd enjoy
我假传嬴政的的旨意将他杀害,把他弟弟变成帝王。
but then I caught her singing songs with birds and then a boy
但后来我发现他弟弟根本不听我的
Love?! Was I just sit by and wait?!
不听我的?我只能眼睁睁的看着?!
for her to take my crown?
等着他把我的计划泡汤?
No,she had sealed her fate
不!他已经决定了他的命运
she had to go,and so she did and you know what they say
他肯定会不得好死,你知道后人怎么评价他做的事吗
"An apple once a day keeps your enemies away."
“胡亥荒淫无度,残害兄弟姐妹。”
Don't be fooled by their tender smile
别再被他们温柔的微笑给愚弄了!
李斯:
give an inch and they'll run a mile
他们只会得寸进尺!
合:
Our idea of a happy home
我们都是为了幸福的家
is one where we live all alone
那是属于我们的地方
Dark, depressing,desolate
黑暗,压抑,凄凉
now let's all drink to that!
现在让我们尽情享受吧!
姚贾:
Call us "wicked" and call us "mean"
说我们“邪恶”,说我们“卑鄙”
李斯:
cruel and everything in between
说我们“残忍”,所有事都是这样
嬴政:
you can say it's unjust
你可以说这不公平
赵高:
turning their dreams to dust
把他们的梦想化为灰烬
合:
this is what we call love
这就是我们所说的爱
Tough love!
严厉的爱!